- Giddy-Up, a campus security escort service, offers free rides all over campus during regular hours of operation.
- Available Monday–Sunday, 7:00 p.m.–3:00 a.m. (scheduled hours are subject to periodic adjustment).
- For a ride, call 214-768-1111 or flag us down if you see us.
- When not assisting customers, the cart will be deployed on campus to enhance campus security.
- Need to reserve Giddy-Up service for an event or for VIPs? Giddy-Up service may be reserved at an hourly rate with a 24–48 hour advance notice to properly coordinate an agenda.
- Reserved Giddy-Up service is:
- $40.00 per hour per cart (multiple carts subject to availability) effective June 1, 2013.
- A 4 hour minimum is required for a reservation.
- Each cart seats up to 6 people maximum (including driver).
- To reserve Giddy-Up for your next event, fill out the Giddy-Up Reservation Form.
- For additional information, please contact the Parking and ID Card Services Office.
Call Cowboy Cab at 214.768.RIDE or 214.768.7433
SMU Rides is a program designed to offer students a convenient and responsible mode of transportation when one is needed. When classes are in session SMU Rides is available to students 24 hours a day and can be used for any reason with "no questions asked." It is especially designed for situations when you might lack cash, but need a safe way to get back to campus. SMU Rides can be used anywhere at any time but the student’s SMU account will be charged for the full cost of the ride. Students must provide their SMU ID number when calling and show their SMU ID card when entering cab.
BUS ROUTE 521
- Two buses on route until 9am daily. After 9am one bus runs every hour on the 45 minute of the hour.
- On Saturday there is only southbound service route to City Place.
- Visit 521 Information Page for maps and details.
Driver Assistance Program
Call 214.768.3388, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The following services are available to students, faculty/staff and guests at no charge*:
- Gas: We will provide you with a 1 gallon container of gas.
- Tire Inflation: We will provide you with compressed air or tire sealant to inflate your tire but we cannot change flats.
- Locked Out Service: SMU Police Officers will attempt to assist you if you’ve locked your keys in your car.
- Stranded Vehicles: We will help you contact the provider of your choosing to obtain the roadside assistance or tow service you might need. We’ll also escort you to a secure place while you wait for assistance.
When calling for service(s)*, please provide the following information:
- Your name and license plate number.
- Make, model, and color of vehicle.
- Location of vehicle and service required.
While you wait, raise the hood, if possible, and stay inside your locked vehicle until assistance arrives.
Responder will be in a Parking Services golf cart or a SMU police cruiser. You will need to sign a release of liability form and show your driver’s license.
* Driver Assistance Program (DAP) services are available on main and east campuses only. No service to residential or commercial areas.
North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has a comprehensive list of bike and pedestrian trails in Dallas.
SMU NON-SESSION SERVICE:
Begins Monday, May 20, 2013 through August 26, 2013.
Operates when regular undergraduate classes are not in session: Winter Break, Spring Break, Summer Break, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and Good Friday.