About your SMU ID Card
Need to get your SMU ID Card?
You can upload your photo by logging in to your My Pony Account with your SMU ID and password and follow the steps to upload your photo. There is no charge for your initial ID card.
Photos must meet the following requirements:
- Size: Roughly square, less than 6MP total (NOTE: picture will be cropped to 300 x 300)
- Format: jpg or jpeg
- Taken within last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing you normally wear on a daily basis
- You will be notified if your photo does not meet the requirements listed above and asked to submit another photo. Cards for approved photos are printed when you come to our office. All notifications will come from ID Card Services to your @smu.edu email address.
- Your ID card will be printed when you come to pick it up in the Parking and ID Card Services office. Be sure to have identification.
ID Card Care
- Holes, stickers, tape and other alterations will render your card useless.
- Treat your ID just as you would your driver’s license or credit card.
- Punching holes or other alterations made will result in a 30.00 replacement fee.
Replacing an SMU ID Card
Students and Employees
* Please note: Students may order a replacement SMU ID card only if they are registered for the current semester of operation.
- Lost or stolen ID cards visit My Pony Account site located under the ID Card Services tab and click the Activate/Deactivate ID Card link.
- To replace your ID card please visit the Parking & ID Card Services Office located in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center. The card is printed when you arrive and takes about 5 minutes to print.
- You will be charged a $30 replacement card fee payable online at my.SMU.edu or at the Student Services counter with cash or check only at Enrollment Services located in the Laura Lee Blanton building.
Replacing an ID card due to normal wear and tear
- Card wearing out, maybe not working like it used to? To replace your ID free of charge because of fair, wear and tear you must visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office with your current ID card in need of replacement.
- Cards that have had holes punched or other alterations that are not normal wear and tear are not covered and will cost 30.00 to replace.
- Your card will be printed when you come to the office
Service Providers and Contractors
Please visit the Parking and ID Card Services Office to replace your ID there is a 30.00 replacement fee payable with cash or check at the time of replacement.
Pony Program Update
We sincerely appreciate your participation in our Pony Express (or Express Ca$h) stored value account program.
Regretfully, we have decided to end the Pony Express program effective May 17, 2017 due to a continuing decline in student interest and participation.
You can log-in on-line and check your current Pony Express balance at IDCard.smu.edu but no further deposits are being accepted.
You may continue to spend your available Pony Express balance through May 17, 2017. Only Pony Express balances greater than $50.00 as of May 17 will be refunded to your SMU account. Pony Express balances less than $50.00 must be spent prior to May 17. For graduating students, any credit remaining on the Pony Express account will be refunded only after all debt to the University has been paid.
Pony Express has already been replaced for on-campus uses, which you still access with your SMU ID card:
• For Dining uses on campus, please explore Flex at SMU.CampusDish.com
• For Copy and Print locations, please log in to Printing.smu.edu to access your Papercut account