Who is eligible?
- Current full-time SMU faculty
- Current adjunct SMU faculty
- Retired SMU faculty
The loan period for most circulating items is one year with unlimited renewals. SMU faculty members do not accrue fines on regular, circulating materials. Please note these limitations:
- Bridwell New Books circulate for three weeks and may be renewed twice.
- Items may be recalled which will shorten the loan period. Recalled materials may not be renewed.
- Overdue recalled items accrue a fine of $1.00 per day.
- Items needed for reserve are subject to immediate recall.
As a courtesy to other library patrons, we request that faculty members return items before the due date whenever possible. Library materials should be returned or renewed before leaving campus for extended periods.
- An SMU faculty member may authorize proxy accounts for up to five assistants to transact library business in his/her name.
- A proxy account request form is available at the Bridwell Circulation Desk, or online.
- The faculty member is responsible for all materials checked out to a proxy.