Bridwell Library's circulating, reference, and special collections include an exceptionally rich array of materials that are particularly valuable for the studying the background, rise, development, and present state of Methodism.
Methodist Materials at Bridwell occupy many different locations depending on their format, condition and rarity, including:
- Bridwell Library = Circulating Collection in the Basement Stacks
- Bridwell Library Methodist Room = Methodist (Blue) Room
- Bridwell Library Methodist Reference = Closed stacks
- Materials in Archives and Special Collections are also in closed stacks.
Having first consulted the library catalog, please visit the Reference Office for assistance. The reference staff can connect you with additional resources and specialized professionals.
Our pool of resources includes:
- Disciplines, Journals, and Minutes
- Hymnals and sacred music resources
- Published histories, biographies, memoirs, and sermons
- Bibliographies and Indices
- Periodicals and serials
- Personal papers and corporate records (Archival materials)
- Wesleyana and Methodistica (Special Collections manuscript letters and documents)