The strong support from alumni, parents, friends and organizations for SMU continued in 2011-12 (FY12). This support, inspired in large part by The Second Century Campaign, is contributing to the University’s momentum and enabling SMU to lay the foundation for an exciting future. Highlights of the fiscal year include:
- A total of more than $69.4 million in cash contributions were received during the year.
- 14 new scholarship endowments were established, enhancing recruitment and retention opportunities for students.
- 3 new faculty position endowments were established, bringing the number of substantially endowed faculty positions to 85, toward a campaign goal of 100.
- For the fourth consecutive year, SMU Athletics set new annual giving records, including $8.3 million designated for current operations, a 25-percent increase over FY11.
- Annual giving by alumni reached 23.7 percent for the year.
- 2,690 households made contributions totaling $1,000 or more, and are recognized as President’s Associates.
- 12,972 households made gifts and pledge payments to SMU in at least two consecutive years, and 2,191 households have contributed consecutively for at least 10 years. All are recognized in the Hilltop Society.
- 57 percent of faculty and staff (1,220 individuals) contributed to the campaign during the fiscal year.
- 46.2 percent of alumni have made at least one gift thus far in the campaign.
- 1,226 volunteers led and supported alumni activities across the country. Giving among those alumni volunteers reached 64 percent.
- More than 5,200 commitments were received from supporters in campaign leadership cities across the United States, an increase of 3,348 since the beginning of The Second Century Campaign.
(June 1, 2011 – May 31, 2012)