Please click here to view and dowload the New Student Checklist. This is a checklist of items that you must complete before you start classes this fall.
STEP 1: BECOME A MUSTANG!
STEP 2: SECURE HOUSING
- Approximately two weeks after we receive your deposit, we will email you instructions on securing housing, making your residence hall preference request as well as information about your dining options.
STEP 3: VISIT
- We want to show you what your life as an SMU student will be like! If you have not yet had the opportunity to visit campus, there are many options available this spring. Choose the option that is best for you. We can’t wait to welcome you to campus.
STEP 4: APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
STEP 5: HEALTH HISTORY
- Prior to registering for classes in July, all SMU students must complete and submit the Report of Medical History and Consent of Medical Treatment form. Please click here for details and instructions on what is required. Please note Texas state law requires all students must have received the meningitis immunization within the preceding 5 years, or a booster shot is required.
STEP 6: PARENT INFORMATION
STEP 7: AARO AND MUSTANG CORRAL
- Academic Advising and Registration Orientation (AARO) is SMU’s official orientation for new students. AARO is where you will meet your academic adviser, plan your academic schedule and register for classes. AARO sessions take place during the month of July.
- Mustang Corral is an off-campus retreat that takes place a few days before classes start in the August. It’s the perfect opportunity to meet your new classmates as well as current SMU students, staff, and faculty. You will also begin learning some of the most treasured SMU traditions!
- We will send you detailed information and instructions about how to register for AARO sessions and Mustang Corral in the coming weeks. Registration will open April 1, 2013.
Mark these important dates and deadlines on your calendar. Then get ready to make your mark as an SMU Mustang.
||Residence Hall Move-In Day & Family Cookout (for Mustang Corral attendees only)
||Residence Hall Move-In Day (all others)
||Labor Day Holiday