High School Accomplishments:
- 2011-2012 Governor of Texas Youth and Government
- High School Salutatorian
- Coca-Cola Scholar
- Chair of Student Senate Endowment Committee
- Mustang Mavericks Country-Western Dance Team
- First-Year Student Senator
- Founding member of the SMU Entrepreneurship Club
What do you like most about being a Hunt Scholar?
In John C. Maxwell’s book, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
, Maxwell titles his ninth law as the “Law of Magnetism,” which states that strong leaders attract other leaders and “who [one] is is who [one] will attract.” Being a Hunt Scholar has epitomized the Law of Magnetism through instantly connecting me with some of the most outgoing, ambitious, and leadership-oriented students at SMU. The bonds I have made in only the first few weeks are already beginning to develop into friendships that will surely last a lifetime. I am very blessed by the opportunities the Hunt program grants me and am thankful for the generosity of the Hunt family in their endeavor to bring more student leaders to campus.